Lots of cool stuff has been happening at the Shop lately:
Want to go faster into that dark, muddy, pain-filled tunnel that is cyclocross racing? Then checkout the new BH RX Team ($3999). Equipped with disc brakes you can brake later into corners and get that same confidence you do with your mountain bike discs. Don't think cross bikes need discs? They make a non-disc version too for $300 less. The disc version uses Shimano Ultegra and the rim-brake version is SRAM Rival. Click Here to check them out:
The dinosaurs on the technical comittee of the UCI won't let us install rocket engines on our road bikes but this is the next best thing; Enve's Smart System 6.7 wheelset. If you look closely the front rim is shallower and wider and the rear is narrower and deeper. Why? It's a long story involving extensive wind tunnel testing and guys with very large brains. You cand Read About It Here.
FMB is the last company on the planet making tubular tires entirely by hand and they are recognized as the best cyclocross tubulars money can buy. They waterproof the sidewalls to prevent rot out and have tires for all conditions. After the mud apocolypse that was Master's Worlds last year, I'm getting a set of the Super Muds. They make a really nice all-rounder the SSC as well as file treads for the super fast hard courses. Despite being exotic European fare, these tires are priced very reasonably.
Pre-Order Your 2013 Bike in October and get a Great Deal!
October is "Biketoberfest" at Hardcore Bikes. Pre-Order that 2013 bike and get a great deal. Here's how it Works:
1) Pick out that awesome 2013 bike you've been wanting.
2) Come by the shop and we'll give you the Pre-Order Sale Price. You get a great deal and you are guaranteed to get the model you want
3) Put down 50% and we add it to our 2012 order. Depending on the model, it will come in between October and February. We'll let you know of course.
4) When it comes in and is all good, you pay the other 50%.
What's the Fine Print?
This deal only applies to bikes over $1500.
Balance on bike must be paid off by April 15th (if the bike gets here by then of course--the basement gets pretty jammed). Some high-end models can take longer so if that happens, then it's balance due when the bike is ready.
Offer ends October 31st so don't wait.
Here's a few examples of the deals--drop by the store for all the prices on 2013 Trek, Marin, Niner, Ibis, Pivot, Turner, Yeti, Banshee, and Knolly.
Saturday September 8th is our Annual Sidewalk Sale.
Drop by for amazing end of season deals:
• All 2012 & Older Bikes on Sale - Some at Cost or lower!
• Clothing, Shoes and Helmets on for 30 - 60% Off
• Garage Sale Items - Used, NOS and Clearance at Super-Cheap Prices
• Rent Your Own Table for $10 and Sell all Your Old Stuff - give us a call at 780-439-4599 to reserve your spot - table rental proceeds to EMBA.
• Door Crashers (sorry, you can't buy them before the sale for this price):
'11 Fox TALAS 140 Terralogic Tapered Fork, was $1185, Now $500
Gary Fisher Presidio Cyclocross Frame 59cm and Fork w/ Chris King Headset, was $1300, Now $500
'11 Trek Remedy 8 was $3500, Below Cost Cash/Debit Price: $2200 (Credit card add 5%)
Chris King Headsets; 1 Pewter, 1 Pink was $220, Now $100
More Specials in Store - Be there early for the best deals.
Every August Trek hosts it's North American dealers at it's headquarters in Wisconsin to check out the 2013 bikes and bike stuff. Hardcore was there in force and we had fun demo-ing bikes, eating deep-fried cheese curds (a Wisconsin specialty) and checking out all the new cool stuff.
Highlights of the show were the new aero Madones, the new smooth riding Domane (pronounced Doe-man-eh apparently), the super-light "Apollo" project carbon Superfly bikes and the superfun Stache 29er trailbike hardtail. The new bikes will start showing up in the shop any day now so stay tuned